2022 KIST SUMMER INTERNSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT
KIST is pleased to announce the availability of internship positions for Korean-Canadian students. The purpose of the program is to help Korean-Canadian students cultivate knowledge in the student's major field of study through participation in research activities and on-site guidance from an academic adviser, and to provide the opportunity to learn about the research culture in Korea.
AKCSE Deadline: March 23, 2022
1. Qualifications: Students majoring in natural sciences or engineering (Students enrolled in an undergraduate (preferably 3rd or 4th year)
2. Duration: approx. July 15 up to 3 months
3. How to apply
The Association of Korean-Canadian Scientists & Engineers (AKCSE) will recommend potential candidates to KIST. KIST will review applications and designate an appropriate research advisor for each student.
○ To apply: Submit a resume (should include the candidate’s research field(s) of interest)
· Submit Curriculum Vitae (CV) and half page Statement of Interest for the KIST internship program.
· Please also indicate your proficiency in Korean and your GPA in the CV.
· Please select top 3 choices for centres and/or professors as outlined in https://www.kist.re.kr/kist_web/?sub_num=4065
· Send the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org – please put the title as [KIST Internship]
AKCSE will recommend 4 to 8 students to KIST for the internship opportunities.
○ KIST provides the following:
- Monthly stipend (maximum amount for undergraduates: 1 million KRW)
*Within the range stated above, the research director will decide on the exact amount.
※Students are responsible for the cost of their flights, lodging, meals, and insurance.
※The KIST dormitory will be available free of charge with limited availability pending on the level of demand. Students must consult with KIST in advance.
5. Academic Credits
It is up to the student’s school to decide whether the credit earned at KIST is transferable, and if so, KIST will issue a certificate of proof acknowledging the completion of the program.
Canadian citizens need an F4 visa or a short-term employment C45 visa to stay in South Korea. Canadian passport holders must visit the Korean Embassy in Ottawa or one of the three consulates in other cities to request a visa.
7. Required documents and quarantine for Foreigners (as of Feb 24, 2022)*
· Regardless of nationality and vaccination, 7-day quarantine applies to all incoming passengers from overseas (00:00 Feb 4, 2022 KST ~)
· Submission standard of PCR negative test result * Tested within 48 hours(Jan 20, 2022~)
· Regarding the quarantine waiver, please refer to the Korean Embassy in Ottawa or one of the three consulates in other cities website.
* Visa and Quarantine requirements may be subject to change due to health regulations in S. Korea.
8. For more information contact: Insoo Choi, Academic Affairs Team, KIST email@example.com
|공지글||제24대 캐나다과기협 회장 선출 2022.09.08||admin||2022.09.08||79|
|144||*특별* 12월 1일 소식지 / *SPECIAL* December 1st News Bulletin 첨부파일 2022.12.06||admin||2022.12.06||8|
|143||2023년 STEAM연구사업(과학난제도전융합연구개발) 기술수요조사 실시 첨부파일 2022.11.23||admin||2022.11.23||13|
|142||MIT 테크놀로지 리뷰 코리아, ’35세 미만 젊은 혁신가상’ 한국 수상자 - 이지현 교수 (U of Calgary) 수상 2022.11.15||admin||2022.11.15||29|
|141||*특별* 11월 1일 소식지 / *SPECIAL* November 1st News Bulletin 첨부파일 2022.11.02||admin||2022.11.02||31|
|140||AKCSE e-Newsletter 10월호(11호) 첨부파일 2022.10.18||admin||2022.10.18||42|
|139||2022 코센브릿지 포럼 첨부파일 2022.10.14||admin||2022.10.14||40|
|138||*특별* 10월 1일 소식지 / *SPECIAL* October 1st News Bulletin 첨부파일 2022.10.04||admin||2022.10.04||38|
|137||[한국건설기술연구원] 해외전문가 DB 구축에 따른 협조 요청 첨부파일 2022.09.27||admin||2022.09.27||33|
|136||한국환경산업기술원 IP(Information Provider) 모집 첨부파일 2022.09.08||admin||2022.09.08||39|
|135||한국과의 연구 협력을 위한 코센브릿지포럼 연사 초청 첨부파일 2022.09.08||admin||2022.09.08||56|
|134||AKCSE e-Newsletter 8월호(10호) 첨부파일 2022.08.24||admin||2022.08.24||87|
|133||세계한인무역협회 주관 제 17회 창업무역스쿨제 17회 창업무역스쿨 첨부파일 2022.07.20||admin||2022.07.20||39|
|132||*특별* 캐나다 데이 메세지 & 7월 1일 소식지 / *SPECIAL* Canada Day Msg & July 1st NB 첨부파일 2022.07.02||admin||2022.07.02||426|
|131||2022 KCSSF Award recipient 2022.06.20||admin||2022.06.20||167|